This policy was updated in October 2019.
WHAT IS PERSONAL DATA?
Personal data means information from which you can be identified. Statistical or anonymous information is not your personal data if you cannot be identified from it.
WHY ARE WE COLLECTING YOUR INFORMATION?
We use your information to help you find suitable accommodation, arrange a property viewing for you and provide you with an offer of accommodation. Without this information, we will not be able to provide you with the service and our affiliate company will not be able to enter into a tenancy contract with you.
WHERE DO WE GET YOUR INFORMATION FROM?
You may give us such information directly: by visiting our website; via our student portal; via our guarantor portal; by corresponding with us by phone, email or letter; on our booking platform; by filling in forms (e.g. the accommodation application or contact form on the Website); in person; by participating in discussion boards, competitions, promotions or a survey; by reporting a problem; by providing feedback; or during any enquiry.
We collect information on residents, applicants, guarantors, employment candidates, visitors to our website or premises and suppliers.
WHAT INFORMATION ARE WE COLLECTING?
In order for us to provide our services, we may collect and process the following data about you:
- Identity Data including name, gender, date of birth, marital status, occupation, family members, emergency contact information, driving licence, passport information, utility bill, mortgage statement, council tax bill, user name or similar identifier and details of your right to reside or study in the UK.
- Profile Data Preferences including details of room requirements, friends to share with, religious belief requirements or other such preferences provided by you, and biographical information relating to your guarantor;
- Physical Location Data including CCTV footage and other information obtained through electronic means such as swipe-card records, or our telephone call recording systems or other information about your use of our premises, including meter readings;
- Contact Data including home address, billing address, business address, email address, phone numbers, geo-location, emergency contact details and details for your family, friends or partner/spousal details if named as a next of kin;
- Course and University Data including the university that you are attending, name of course, length of course, matriculation details; and accommodation details and records;
- Financial Data including bank account and payment card details;
- Transaction Data including details about payments to and from you (including payments made in relation to your accommodation) and other details of products and services that you have purchased from us;
- Marketing and Communications Data including your preferences in receiving communications from us and records of communications and interactions which we have with you; and
- Profile Data including your username and password, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Tracking Data – We may collect traffic data related to your use of and access to our services. We use Google Analytics including Google Signals to collect visitation information from users who visit our site. This information is anonymised and aggregated, and it is not possible to identify you from the use of this service. The information collected may include search history, end user location, YouTube history and data from other sites that partner with Google;
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit to our website, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); products you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
WHAT SPECIAL DATA ARE WE COLLECTING?
In our booking form, we may request certain types of “special category data” which is certain information about you that requires additional consideration. It is sometimes referred to as “sensitive personal data”. This type of “special category data” includes information about your religious beliefs and your medical information. Additional special category data may include information about your ethnicity and sexuality.
Providing us with the information is optional but, if you do provide us it to us, you agree that we will rely on your consent to use it. We will use this information to see if we have suitable accommodation for you and to allocate the most appropriate accommodation to you, depending on your specific needs. You also agree that we will store this information about you.
We may also use your special category data anonymously for statistical analysis and equal opportunities monitoring purposes.
WHAT DO WE DO WITH YOUR INFORMATION?
We use your information for the following purposes. Our legal basis for doing so is that it is necessary for the performance of our contract with you, or that it is in our legitimate interests to do so:
- To process your application for a tenancy and find you suitable accommodation;
- To manage and administer our relationship with you, including communicating with you about your accommodation application, responding to your requests, providing to you information requested by you and our services and contacting you for feedback;
- To carry out our legal obligations and any obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To provide you with information about our activities;
- To process payments;
- To improve and change our services (and to communicate with you or your guarantor about any improvements or changes);
- To recover any unpaid sums due to us;
- If you are a guarantor, to administer your guarantee;
- If you apply for a job with us, to consider your application for employment;
- For administrative and quality assurance purposes, including to ensure the information which we hold about you is up to date and accurate;
- For the purposes of the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- To prevent and detect criminal activity, fraud and misuse of or damage to our property;
- To administer and improve our site (including to keep it safe and secure) and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes and ensuring that the website content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device;
- To invite you to participate in our consumer satisfaction surveys or research groups or other interactive features of our service; and
- Where we need and have your consent to do so, to contact you about news, special offers or other products and services that we think may be of interest to you;
We may combine information you give to us with information which we collect about you. We may use all of this information (including the combined information) for the purposes set out above.
We also use statistical data about our sales, customers and traffic patterns and provide these to third parties; however these statistics will not include any information which could personally identify you.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
We will NOT sell your personal data to any third parties. We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- our business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you e.g. our IT providers, our auditors or other professional advisors;
- credit referencing agencies, fraud prevention agencies or any other third party for us to protect the rights, property, or safety of us, our employees, our tenants, or others;
- if you are a tenant and fail to pay your rent we may contact the guarantor and inform them of this failure when exercising our rights under the guarantee;
- with your University so that they can provide you with support in the event that we have concerns surrounding your health or in the event of any serious disciplinary matters;
- with relevant third party suppliers e.g. accommodation facilities management providers, utility suppliers and local authorities for the purposes of informing them who lives in the accommodation, to allow them to provide their service to you and in respect of any utility bills, council tax or other bills that you have failed to pay;
- with your emergency contact in the event this is required;
- with debt recovery agencies in the event that you fail to pay your rent or any other charges due and which you have not settled;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- automated marketing providers;
- live chat service provider;
- our employee training & development service providers;
- if we run an event in partnership with other named organisations your details may need to be shared. We will try our best to be clear about what will happen to your data when you register for that event;
- if we merge with another organisation or form a new entity, your personal data may be transferred to that new entity or if we sell or buy any business or assets, your personal data may be transferred to the prospective seller or buyer; and
- if you have agreed that we may do so, we will share your personal data with identified third parties so that they can contact you with details of their products and services; and
- to comply with any court order or other legal or regulatory obligation – this will include sharing your personal data with local councils for the provision of electoral roll services.
Before sharing your personal data with these third parties, we try our best to make sure that they will look after your data and comply with any relevant data protection requirements.
We may also provide accumulated statistics about our sales, customers, traffic patterns and other site information to third parties, but these statistics will not include any information that could personally identify you.
INTERNATIONAL TRANSFERS OF DATA
Sometimes the information we hold about you may be transferred outside of the EU (including to Hong Kong and Singapore). We try our best to make sure that those companies receiving your information, outside of the EU, keep it safe and in compliance with European data protection law.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
We will hold your personal data on our systems for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purposes that we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting or other reporting requirements.
We will consider the amount, nature and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we are processing your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means when we determine the retention period of your personal data.
Data about your tenancy is held for the duration of the tenancy and up to 6 years after the tenancy expires or is terminated. Details of your guarantor are retained for the duration of the guaranteed tenancy and for up to 6 months after the tenancy expires or is terminated to ensure that all sums have been collected by the landlord.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
If you ask us to delete your information in accordance with your rights set out below, we will nonetheless retain basic information on a suppression list to record your request and to avoid sending you unwanted materials in the future. We may not be able to delete your personal data if we have a legal reason to keep using it (e.g. if we need to continue providing you with your accommodation).
HOW DO WE STORE AND PROTECT YOUR DATA?
We take the security of your data seriously. We try our best to make sure that your data is not lost, accidentally destroyed, misused or disclosed, and is not accessed except by our employees, sub-contractors and landlords in the performance of their duties. For example, we operate rigorous internal policies and controls.
Any information you provide to us as part of your application and for the duration of your accommodation licence is stored on secured cloud servers (via TCAS Online). Access to the information is only permitted with an approved username and password. Information is encrypted and no information is held on local drives.
We do not store any credit/debit card details and any payment transactions. Any payment transactions are completed by our third party providers. These third parties may store your credit/debit card details, and so we recommend that you read their privacy policies for information about how they use your data.
By using our website, you may have access to a student portal, which is initially restricted unless you register with the portal. Where you have chosen a password which enables you to access this portal, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
This website is a secure website, denoted by the SSL certificate and padlock icon.
Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot totally guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site, as transmission over the Internet is never completely secure.
For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
When we e-mail you, such e-mails may contain tracking facilities. Activity is tracked and stored in a database for future analysis and evaluation. Such tracked activity may include but is not restricted to: the opening of emails, geo-location, forwarding of emails, the clicking of links within the email content, times, dates and frequency of activity.
This site uses Google Analytics to monitor visits to this website. Google Analytics stores IP address anonymously on its servers in the US, and neither Amazing Solutions Group or Google associate your IP address with any personally identifiable information. These cookies enable Google to determine whether you are a returning visitor to the site, and to track the pages that you visit during your session.
You have the right to:
- be told how we use your information..
- ask to see the information we hold about you. To make a request for us to tell you how we use your information, you can contact us at [email protected].
- ask us to change information you think is wrong.
- ask us to remove information when it is not needed anymore.
- ask us to only use your information in certain ways.
- ask us to move your information to someone else.
- tell us you do not want your information to be used anymore by contacting us at [email protected] but if you no longer want us to hold your information, we will not be able to help you find accommodation because we need to hold some information about you to fulfil your request.
You also have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. Unless we do not need to obtain your explicit consent to send you marketing emails, we will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can opt out of receiving marketing communications by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting the site team at your accommodation.
If you want to speak to someone else, or complain about how we use your data, you can call the people who are in charge of personal data and information, the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) whose website is https://ico.org.uk/.
UPDATING YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to maintain accurate, complete and relevant personal data for the purposes identified in this privacy statement. If any of the personal data we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, you may ask us to correct it. It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and current.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
HOW TO CONTACT US
AMAZING SOLUTIONS GROUP COMPANIES
Bravo Standard Enterprises Ltd
Canopy Property Management Ltd
Gather Students Ltd
Master Venture Enterprises Ltd
Max Nova Investments Ltd
Multipoint Holdings Ltd
Pure Elite Group Ltd