Diversity and Equality Policy
1. Policy Statement
Gather Students Limited (“We”) are committed to achieving an inclusive environment, free from unlawful discrimination, harassment or victimisation, where all members of the organisation, employees, clients and customers are treated with respect and dignity. We are committed to developing a workforce and student community that reflects the diversity and vibrancy of individuals.
We promote equality and prevent discrimination as a student accommodation service provider, as an employer, and as a business partner.
This policy aims to encourage equality and diversity within the organisation and is committed to actively opposing all forms of unlawful discrimination.
The policy’s purpose is to:
- Foster diversity and to create an inclusive environment
- Provide equality, fairness and respect for all employees, clients and customers
- To oppose and prevent all forms of unlawful discrimination by acting according to the spirit and letter of the Equality Act 2010.
The organisation commits to:
- Treat people fairly, regardless of their race, colour, nationality, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or disability. This applies not only to how people are treated when they are working for us, or staying in our accommodation: it also applies to how we market and allocate our accommodation
- Encourage equality and diversity in the workplace, which will include ensuring that people are recruited, trained, promoted and paid according to their skills, merits and abilities
- Create an environment free of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination, promoting dignity and respect for all employees, clients and customers
- Take seriously complaints of bullying, harassment, victimisation and unlawful discrimination by fellow employees, customers, suppliers, visitors, the public and any others in the course of the organisation’s work activities
- To endeavour to treat each customer with integrity and without prejudice
- Building a culture of diversity within our student communities , providing a dynamic working and student environment where all members are valued for their contribution
We require those working with and for us to uphold our values at all times, and in particular:
- To co-operate with measures introduced by us to ensure equal opportunity and non-discrimination
- Not to discriminate personally or attempt to persuade others to practise discrimination
- Not to victimise individuals if they have made complaints of discrimination
- Not to harass, abuse or intimidate others on any account
- To inform their manager or a director of the business if they suspect that discrimination is taking place in employment decisions or if they witness harassment
If anyone working for or with us discriminates against or harasses another member of staff, they will be considered to be acting in direct opposition to this policy. Such conduct will not be tolerated and appropriate action will be taken.
We ask the students staying with us to act in accordance with our values.
We will review this policy periodically to ensure that it remains fit for purpose.
Get in touch
Get in touch
We know that choosing your new home is a big deal, that’s why we’re more than happy to help answer any questions you may have.